Skip to main content

Alison Lea Sher Bio

Alison Lea Sher Bio


Entrepreneur and experienced writer. Author of the Millennial's Guide to Changing the World (published in May 2018 through Skyhorse Publishing). Founder of Millennial Inc. - a consulting agency offering cross-generational solutions to make your business a top place to work.





Founder

Company Name Millennials Inc.

Dates Employed 2018 – Present

Employment Duration less than a year

Location www.millennials-incorporated.com

Alison Lea Sher, Founder of Millenial, Inc
Alison Lea Sher, Founder of Millennials, Inc
Millennials Inc. offers consulting services to build next generation friendly brands and businesses. We specialize in developing strategies for social enterprises, capacity building for millennials, and helping corporations improve millennial attraction and retention rates through world-class motivation data. 

Our millennial manifesto called The Millennial's Guide to Changing the World was published May 8, 2018 through Skyhorse Publishing. Over 150 millennials were interviewed for the making of this book, which has also contributed to our expertise in our cohort. 

Alison has appeared on behalf of Millennial Inc. and The Millennial's Guide to Changing the World on Savvy Business Radio, The Robert Patillo Show, the Lars Larson Radio Show, WGSO AM New Orleans, The Joe Piscopo Show, The Y Factor, and Money Talk with Melanie.



Writer, Editor & Consultant

Company Name Alison Lea Sher

Dates Employed May 2008 – Present

Employment Duration 10 yrs 4 mos

Location www.alisonsher.com

Alison Lea Sher Book Cover
Book by Alison Lea Sher
As an entrepreneurial writer and editor, I create both commercial and creative content for clients and international media outlets. I specialize in start ups, crafting website copy, executive summaries and media kits offering concise explanations of complex business initiatives in the early stages of branding and development. 

My formal training in journalism has helped me write and distribute press releases earning clients publicity in papers like The Washington Post. I edit monthly newsletters and blog posts. My creative and journalistic writing, amassing over 250 bylines in the fields of Arts & Culture, as well as personal essay, has appeared in publications like The Huffington Post, Mic, The Washington City Paper, The Charleston City Paper, The Intentional Quarterly, The College of Charleston Magazine, Elephant Journal, Medium and Rebelle Society. Clients include: Best Chefs America, Synaccord, Into the Tangled Garden, Papillon LLC, Ohm Radio, Solidworks Zen, Puna Community Currency, The Illustrated Gallery, Peter Tomas Entertainment, Journal to Save Your Life, DanceFX, Whisked.

I am a passionate storyteller with experience writing both short and long-form biographies. I have conducted thousands of interviews in my career. In 2017, I published "The Life & Times of Izzie Dean Mogelgaard" - a commissioned biography of a baby boomer environmental activist and community living crusader. The book is the summary of almost a decade of field research and can be read here = izziedean123.tumblr.com


Lead Writer & Editor

Company Name Marmalade Magazine

Dates Employed Jun 2011 – Nov 2012

Employment Duration 1 yr 6 mos

Alison Lea Sher Marmelade Magazine
As a founding member of Marmalade Magazine, I developed the editorial tone of this short lived, but stunning, new media online food and style magazine for bold women. I wrote the majority of the publication's content, including profiles on Esquire's 2009 Chef of the Year Barton Seaver and artists such as Adrienne Antonson and Ellen Van Deusen. I copy edited and proofread columns and recipes from outside authors in the Style and Entertaining sections. I collaborated with the founder in every stage of the magazine's development - from content conceptualization to strategies for monetization.







Contributing Writer

Company Name Charleston City Paper

Dates Employed May 2008 – Mar 2012

Employment Duration 3 yrs 11 mos

Location Charleston, South Carolina Area

I began my professional writing career in Arts & Culture reporting as an editorial intern, writing in the cuisine section at this City Paper-franchised alternative weekly in Charleston, SC. I spent a summer writing restaurant summaries for the 2008 Summer Dish Dining Guide, as well as reporting culinary news, like restaurant openings and closings. After my internship, I was hired as a contributing writer. I continued to predominantly focus on cuisine, widening my beat to encompass food politics and the farm-to-table movement flourishing in the renowned culinary city. I published feature stories on topics ranging from Charleston's spiciest food to malnutrition and obesity in public schools to seed saving. During the summer of 2011, I drafted 65 plus profiles of rural South Carolina farmers and fisherman and small-batch artisan food suppliers for the City Paper's first local food guide called Dirt.

Education

    •     
College of Charleston
 Degree Name: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) 
Field Of Study Mass Media Communications (Honors College) 
Grade Cum Laude Graduate 

Dates attended or expected graduation 2005 – 2009 
Activities and Societies: The George Street Observer, Students for a Free Tibet (President) 




    •     
School for International Training
 Field Of Study Tibetan & Himalayan Studies 

Dates attended or expected graduation

•       2008 – 2008 

Study Abroad program focusing on cultural genocide and the movement for Tibetan autonomy. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alison Lea Sher | Why I Study Millennials

Author Alison Lea Sher Talks About Why She Studies Millenials-And Why It Matters “ The future is already here — it ’ s just not evenly distributed, ” said William Gibson The reason behind why I do what I do has stayed the same since I started writing mybook five years ago. I study millennials because I spent too much time wondering if the human race is doomed. I care about millennials because I care about climate change and politics and pioneering business as a platform to solve the world ’ s biggest problems. I study millennials because I want to live my life being a part of the solution. I think there is still time for a miracle if this cohort decides to truly take united action. And I see millennials as lynchpin generation. Yes, the change that needs to happen to address our global crises really is about everyone. However, there are many reasons why millennials are unique and why every company need to understand them, integrate our unique intelligence into your